Thursday, January 11, 2007

Mac Tip: Keyboard Shortcuts to Make Life Easier

When you learn how to do things faster on your computer, life seems easier. Technology doesn't seem to "get in the way." Here is a start in getting familiar with using your keyboard shortcuts on a Mac. The following commands are alternatives to using your mouse and accessing a menu:









The Following keyboard commands are used to manage files:












When you are in a program and want to edit text or images, use the following keyboard shortcuts:








Although learning keyboard shortcuts can take some time, the reward is well worth it. I rarely need to take my fingers off my keyboard, which allows me to get things done efficiently. Also, if my mouse dies, keyboard shortcuts allow me to control the computer so that I can troubleshoot or at the very least shut my computer down to avoid damaging files.

These screen shots are taken from lixlpixel.org.