Wednesday, January 3, 2007

January is the Month of Tips

Happy New Year! I trust you all had a nice break and are ready to plow through the rest of the school year. Hopefully these coming blogs in January will make your job a little easier, if not your computing a little more fun.

For the month of January, my goal (notice I didn't say resolution) is to post a technology tip each day. I will try to aternate between Mac and PC tips and troubleshooting ideas.

For my first post, I will combine a Mac AND PC tip: closing multiple windows at once.

For Windows XP:

Hold down the SHIFT key as you click on the X button to close the most recent of the windows. This will close all the windows related to the one you clicked on. Notice it doesn't close ALL windows, just ALL windows that are related, for example all of your Internet Explorer windows that are currently open.

For Mac:
Hold the Option key down while you click on the x button of a window. The same is true for the Mac that is for the PC. You will only close related windows.

Hopefully, this little tip will help you close out of programs and shut your computer down a little quicker at the end of the day.